Jacking or Leveling
Has your home, barn, or building become un-level? Has the building shifted and is no longer square?
Unleveled structures can cause structural members to become stressed and compromised, resulting in serious structural and interior damage.
Signs Yours Structure May Need to be Leveled
- Uneven, sloping, or bulging walls and floors.
- Cracks start to appear in plaster and tile.
- Doors and windows beginning to stick, or not close properly.
- Staircases and countertops are no longer level.
- Bouncing or warped floors are noticeable.
How We Can Help
M. J. Murphy Structural specializes in all aspects of jacking and leveling and structural repairs to any home, barn, or building.
While the symptoms from a shifted or unleveled structure can appear above the basement, they can usually be solved in the basement during the jacking and leveling process.
This process includes
Jacking & Leveling
Column Shimming or Replacing
These projects can take days or weeks to complete.
The following factors can affect the timeline:
- Size of the building.
- Amount it is out of level.
- # of columns and footings and their condition.
With a site visit, M. J. Murphy Structural can determine the scope, cost, and effectiveness of your project.